Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day Two

Hmmm... Should I or shouldn't I?

I weighed myself this morning.  Thought I should know exactly what I'm dealing with.  It isn't pretty. 

195 lbs. 

Wow.

On a happier note, it's 10:00 p.m. and I can truthfully say today was a good day.  I managed to eat conscientiously, even when I had to feed the girls some supper at the mall after running errands.  I think I made a wise choice, or a "wiser" choice, than I could have - a six inch turkey sub from Subway and a water.  I wanted the 12 inch and a Pepsi.  :-)

I also managed to walk again today, same distance (2.5 km.), 30 minutes.  It felt good.  Mostly. 

C.H. Spurgeon had a great deal of wisdom, he is quoted often by many.  I'm challenged today by this particular reminder:

"Your spiritual nature ought to keep your mental nature under control, and your
mental nature ought to keep your bodily nature entirely in check."

In my previous post I said that this is about so much more than what I put into my mouth.  It begins with my spiritual state, which translates into my thinking, which informs what I do with my body.  I have to ponder that some more.

"Father, I come in the Name of Your Son, Jesus, asking You to cause my thoughts to be focused upon You and Your Word.  May the outward working of my flesh in every area reflect your truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment