Monday, September 9, 2013

Day Seven

I started the day off with a good, brisk 2.5 km. walk, which helped me to feel energized, and I then managed to stay on plan despite a trip into the city for a child's orthodontist appointment and some grocery shopping. 

One of the things I've found helpful so far is the fact that we're into a nice routine with schooling, etc.  There's something about being hedged in by a sensible daily schedule, I find it comforting to order my days, for the most part, with just enough flexibility thrown in for unexpected blips.  I think the imminent close of summer has also helped, with shorter and cooler days, and that sense of hunkering down, tying in with my comment about ordering my day.  I thrive on order.  Chaos, not so much.

So, all in all, a good day.  I've eaten just a smidgeon over 1400 calories, so am by no means depriving myself, but keeping that number at the fore of my meal planning is helping me to see how easy it really is to refrain from gluttony.

"Lord, You are a God of order, Your Word tells us it's so, and the evidence of it being so is seen throughout the whole of nature.  Thank You, Father, for the order we've been able to achieve in our home this past week, it's been soothing to my spirit.  And thank You for convicting me of my sin of gluttony and for enabling me to make some small strides this past week to overcome it.  May my lips ever praise Your Holy Name, that Name above all names, Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment