Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day Three

I admit it, I love carbs.  I can bypass sweets most any time, but breads, potatoes, chips, etc?  My albatross. 

I've been keeping my daily calorie count under 1400 each day, but I think I'm still probably eating too many carbs.  Right now I'm not going to change that too much, not until I get a handle on things, but I wonder if I'm going to have to limit those to perhaps 40% or less of my daily count.  We'll see.

My hope is to lose 1 lb. per week consistently.  I'll likely plateau at some point, perhaps at many points, but if, after a year, I'm down 50, I'll be ok with that.  More than ok.  :-)

It's really not that difficult to manage on this number of calories.  For many folk in this world, that'd be a luxury.  I need to give thanks more.

I managed to walk again today, this time with an entourage, the four little girls and Jordan and Victoria.  It was quite an adventure as some stopped to catch a frog and play in puddles.  I kept walking briskly, it was their job to keep up.  :-)  It was actually a very cool, but sunny day, so most enjoyable.  Once again, 2.5 km., 30 min.

"Lord, I come again in Your Name, to express how thankful I am for Your many good gifts to me; a wonderful family, good health, food in abundance, freedom to worship You, to teach our children at home.  Help me to live with a consistent attitude of thankfulness, to learn to stop complaining about the inconsequential things in life, and please forgive my ingratitude.  How good and kind You are to me.  I'm so undeserving."

2 comments:

  1. Great job Debbie, keep up the good work! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly, I so very much appreciate you all praying!

    ReplyDelete