Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day One - Part 3

I should probably wait to post at the end of each day, seems crazy to have three entries today alone.

I've managed to stay within my planned caloric allotment today, closing out at 1375, just under the 1400 maximum I believe is reasonable.  What I'd really like to do is average out around 1300 per day over the course of any given week. 

On the other hand, I also don't want to become a slave to the numbers.  I want them to guide me, not own me.  As I have a propensity to be an all or nothing kind of person, I don't want to become so obsessed with numbers (either caloric or on the scale) that a blip here or there will derail my lifelong goal of self-control in this area.

I also managed a brisk 30 minute walk today, well, it seemed brisk to me, but when I write down the distance and time, it seems rather lame.  Then again, I'm not training for the Olympics.  I think I may have gone about 2.5 km. (1.6 mi.).  Seems such a tiny distance, but it's more than I walked yesterday.   :-)    It was good to get out into the fresh air and just move, I'm sure I'll have to remind myself of that tomorrow. 

"Father, thank You for enabling me to resist temptation today, thank You for giving me the ability to deny my flesh.  And thank You for the two good legs and healthy heart which allowed me to walk.  I praise You, Lord, in the Name of Jesus, because I am, indeed, fearfully and wonderfully made."

No comments:

Post a Comment