Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day Ten

I managed to walk today, 2.5 km., 30 minutes, and am glad I did so early.  It was hot enough then, but as the day went on it got quite warm.  Then later today we had quite a deluge, leaving massive puddles all along my route. It'll be quite muddy tomorrow, I'm sure.  I wonder what it would be like to briskly walk in rubber boots?  :-)

Eating-wise, I'm doing well, still managing to stay within my daily allotment. I think I need a bit more variety in the vegetable department though. 

I decided to keep this blog as a way of holding myself accountable.  It would have been easy enough to simply record all of my boring thoughts and ramblings in a journal, but there's something about going public which helps to keep one on the straight and narrow, I think.  It's the accountability factor. 

Many people struggle with hidden sin with few, if any, aware of their struggle.  Not so with people who are overweight.  Their sin is pretty evident.  That's not to say all overweight people are in sin, however, some have medical issues, etc., which sometimes can't be helped.  That's not the case with me, though, my problem is that I've not been moderate in this area, I've often behaved like that spoiled two year old who stomps his foot, crying and whining to get his way, wanting what I want, when I want, and as much as I want.  Shameful really.

"Lord, it's amazing how patient You are with this self-indulgent child of Yours.  You've been so long-suffering when it comes to me behaving immaturely.  Please forgive me, Father, for Christ's sake, because I surely don't deserve it in and of myself.  And please help me to grow up, Lord, to become self-controlled in this and many other areas.  I surely can't do it on my own, You know I've tried.  So I come humbly into Your presence, recognizing my great and never-ending need of Your help."      

No comments:

Post a Comment